14 March 2020 Bali Yoga Workshop
Iyengar Yoga. Deepening Your Practice: A Journey to Silence
Join us as we prepare the mind body for silence a few days before the Balinese New Year. You will learn what it means to repose in the pose, or how to touch the silence in asana. Your yoga practice will have more meaning and depth as we explore a sequence of postures to open:
- Anahata, the Heart Chakra
- Vishuddha, the Throat Chakra
- Ajna, the Third Eye Chakra
- Sahasrara, the Crown Chakra
Focusing on the chest, throat and head, you will improve your respiration and as a consequence, gently invigorate the body. Also you will achieve a sense of lightness and clarity of the mind.
- You’ll begin the morning with the melodious song of birds and the hum crickets, while allowing the natural tropical silence to penetrate your body.
- After a brief tea, you will continue with a postural sequence designed to pacify the monkey mind and penetrate the soul.
- Then you will break for a plant-based lunch and a cool swim and relaxation by the pool. Please remember to bring your own towel and change of clothes.
- You will have some free time to rest and connect with friends at the workshop during the break. Or you practice continued silence and a deeper connection with yourself.
- Afterwards we will continue to deepen the internal connection with a sequence that will quiet the nervous system and draw you more profoundly into the body.
- Subsequently you’ll be guided into silence, embodying the spirit of Nyepi before the sunsets.
View Saturday Workshop… 15 February 2020.